The results are in and it’s official – Brits are ready to ditch the cold UK weather, and swap their home office for a warm sunny beach. According to a nationwide survey conducted by the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, 84 percent of working Brits would love to replace their Zoom background with a genuine backdrop of the ocean. The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority has heard this message loud and clear is taking action with the launch of its brand-new campaign: Business on the Beach. To launch this new campaign, the tourism authority is partnering with the idyllic Keyonna Beach Resort on a search to find a creative mind to enjoy a workcation from their island paradise. Offering a two-week stay at the all-inclusive resort, the trip is intended to offer an exclusive escape to one of the world’s most beautiful islands while assisting and collaborating with the hotel on their website development and graphic design. This January, Keyonna Beach Resort and the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority will begin their search for one talented individual to work with the hotel from the UK before joining the team on island and enjoying all the experiences that make Antigua on of the world’s most idyllic workcation spots. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design with a portfolio of work in successful hotel website design and functionality and should be ready to commence the project from 1st March 2021. The ideal candidate’s understanding of end-user needs, SEO, marketing content and visual appeal, and the ability to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows will assist the team in transforming the hotel’s site to a beautiful, intuitive, and functional storefront enhancing the brand, and the conversion to bookings.
HOW TO ENTER
With proven experience in web design, demonstrable graphic design skills and a strong digital portfolio, applicants are required to submit their CVs along with a cover letter explaining why they are most suited to the workcation position. The email address is email@example.com and entrants must submit their applications by February 15th 2021. The project commences on 1st March 2021.
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong digital portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entry Terms and Conditions
- Applicants are required to submit a CV and cover letter detailing your experience and why you should be considered to do business on the beach
- Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants must submit their application by February 15th 2021
- Project to commence on March 1st 2021 – the applicant will work remotely from the UK before joining the team on island on Antigua
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw
- This opportunity is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt
- The opportunity is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the application process, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By submitting an application, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this selection process and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The chosen applicant agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity in both Antigua and the UK.
PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Two return economy tickets (black period during high season)
- A 14 day stay at Keyonna Beach Resort for two adults on an all-inclusive basis (valued at a minimum of US$8,400 – US$600 x 14 days)
- Transportation to and from V.C. Bird International Airport
- Minimum of two (2) pre-visit meetings, four (4) on site meetings and two (2) post visit meetings at mutually convenient times
- Engagement to commence March 1st 2021
- Stay at Keyonna Beach from a mutually agreed date and subject to availability
- Provision by Keyonna Beach Resort Team of technical details and human resources to implement recommendations.
- The prize is non transferrable
1. Conduct an audit of the current website in comparison to other world-class hotel websites and outline the shortcomings of the existing site, providing recommendations and improvements for the new site.
2. Virtual Kick off meeting with Keyonna Beach Resort Team – work closely with the Team in the design and development to:
- establish expectations and objectives;
- gain an understanding of the hotel brand and image; and
- identify end-user needs, formatting requirements, workflows and functionalities required to develop a Requirements Specification/ Design Brief document.
3. Strategize, plan and deliver a compelling and effective Requirements Specification/ Design Brief document (PDF, PowerPoint):
- outlining technical requirements;
- conceptualising creative ideas including sample pages that are attractive, intuitive, functional, and visually appealing;
- providing a layout and plan for the website upgrade including user flows, process flows, sitemaps and wireframes, and overall design plan and website structure.
4. Develop a detailed Project Plan outlining the recommended phases of the project and its deliverables to include the approach to achieving the stated objectives, activities to be undertaken, training required for the Team, and conclusion and recommendations.
5. Guide and collaborate with the Keyonna Beach Team on the successful implementation of the Project Plan resulting in an upgraded hotel website within 90 days of engagement.