ANTIGUA’S CARNIVAL – JULY 27 – AUGUST 2 2022:
Antigua’s Carnival, The Caribbean’s Greatest Summer Festival, returns with a vigour this year, from July 27 – August 2 2022, under the theme ‘Reigniting The Spirit’. A spectacular display of art, culture and heritage, visitors are drawn year after year to the celebrations, an intense seven-day experience filled with music, dance, revelry, cuisine, warmth and hospitality. Come and ‘Experience The Greatest’
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The ‘Win a Trip to Antigua Carnival’ Caribbean Competition (the “Competition”) is open only to those who sign up at the online competition page and who are 18 years or older at the date of entry. The Competition is only open to residents of the Caribbean region and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority and the Antigua and Barbuda Ministry of Tourism (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Competition. The Competition is subject to the laws of Antigua and Barbuda.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 3 2022 at 8:00 a.m. EST and ending July 3, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All entries must be received by July 3, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
- How to Enter: The competition must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided during the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority’s promotional roadshow or on the Competition landing page. The entry must fulfill all competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority. You may enter ONLY once and you must fill in the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority.
- Prizes: The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority will provide one (1) winner from the Caribbean with a roundtrip, economy airfare for two persons from their hometown in the Caribbean to Antigua.
Prize includes a complimentary four (4) night stay for two, at an All-Inclusive hotel in Antigua.
Airport transfers in Antigua will be provided by the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority.
Prize is valid from July 28 2023 – August 8 2023.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any, and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any, and all federal, state, and/or local or country taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winners are solely responsible for fees associated with flight changes or cancellation, any checked bags, oversized, over-weight or extra baggage, and fees for products/services sold separately, such as cabin or seat upgrades, in-flight services, etc. Winners are also solely responsible for all on-island expenses which are not part of this award. Winners are encouraged to secure the necessary Travel and Health insurance for their protection.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Competition will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email sent to the address used to enter the Competition, within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditional upon compliance with any, and all federal, state, country-specific laws, and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE COMPETITION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest, you understand that The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, anyone acting on behalf of The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Competition, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority. The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses, multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules, or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Competition, you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority and its partners. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS COMPETITION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the abovementioned countries having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org : ATTN: The Marketing Communications Manager, The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, St. John’s, Antigua. Requests must be received no later than July 15 2022.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Competition is The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, P.O. Box W351, St. Johns, Antigua.